If you want to avoid the cold and flu this year, here are a few things you can do to boost your immune system:
1. Eat healthy - lots of vegetables and fruits (2:1), especially bright colored ones, which have lots of antioxidants.
2. Exercise the mind and the body - Both physical and mental exercise boosts the immune system.
3. Keep bundled up - always wear a scarf and cover your head. The face and neck are main points of entry for wind-cold, which carries pathogens.
4. Always wash your hands, and never touch your face, rub your eyes or pick your nose.
5. Get plenty of sleep - a lack of sleep is a sure way to deplete your immune system; it also paves the way for chronic disease.
6. Find ways to deal with stress - this is a big one, because high stress levels down-regulate the immune system.
Return to Blog
Healing Lotus Acupuncture (inside Moline Chiropractic Clinic)
4300 12th Avenue | Moline, IL
(309) 764.4753 firstname.lastname@example.org