Posted by Scott Stewartr, MSAc., L:Ac., Dipl.Ac.
1. Eat right - Diet is crucial in maintaining a healthy state. You want to eat lots of vegetables and fresh fruits in a 2:1 ratio. Include good fats, meat in moderation (free range, antibiotic & hormone - free), limited or no dairy, an anti-inflammatory diet, cruciferous veggies, dark leafy greens, and legumes. Limit alcohol intake.
2. Manage stress - This is a big problem for Americans, because they love to create stressful situations. Find positive ways to deal with these situations . . . in the moment. This can be done with deep breathing exercises, meditation, physical exercise, calming music, etc. Find what works for you.
3. Quit smoking - Smoking causes vaso-constriction of blood vessels, and limits blood & oxygen flow to the periphery. Two different studies have found that there is a direct correlation between the number of cigarettes smoked per day, the duration of the smoking habit and increased risk of ED. (1,2)
4. Lose weight - If you're over weight, make an effort to drop those pounds and get into shape. Studies show that both smoking and obesity are contributing factors for increased risk of ED. (3)
5. A good night's rest - Good sleep is very important for health in general, but specifically for ED, because it helps maintain optimal levels of testosterone.
4 Exercises to Improve Sexual Health
Back to blog
Healing Lotus Acupuncture (inside Moline Chiropractic Clinic)
4300 12th Avenue | Moline, IL
(309) 764.4753 firstname.lastname@example.org